Sunday, July 06, 2008

Our Sunday

Close to five in the afternoon, Bang Al came. Then Mom and Dad came, witu Ibu. Kakak, Universal and their family gathered and we ate on the floor, on a Persian rug incapable of holding twenty people. It's okay, neither could the family room. Everybody came, including the little ones, all the small kids of Kakak. We joked about Little Indira who still refused to "pop out" even when everybody is already present. Everybody congratulated the mother on her birthday. Then, with a full stomach, everybody said goodbye, preparing themselves for a bright and early Monday. We said goodbye and finished cleaning up just before nine. I said to my love, this is wonderful. A full dinner and still time to kick back before going to bed early. Taking a late shower, I thought about my friends I didn't get to see these few months and wished them all a good weekend. I wish, in any way, they all feel as blessed as I am right now.

No comments: