Friday, February 22, 2008

Forced conclusion

Knowing something, my immediate respond is to let it out, let it be known by anybody, everybody I know. I can't imagine living as a person who knows a lot and keep everything he knows to himself. I'd imagine I would want to share. Of course I'm talking about valuable information that is usable to better others, to help others. My first and only respond would be to share.
"By helping others, we are helping ourselves."
Right now, I'm questioning that virtue. Should I be quite instead? In free market, you don't tell others valuable information. You use it to your advantage, you let others take the wrong action and profit from it. It is widespread, insurance, equity and its derivatives, banking, simple trade or barter, commodities, futures, the list goes universally. You advantage of that information is your profit. It is the only way to succeed.
Where does helping others stand in this equation?
Faced with this conclusion, what should one do?
I don't enjoy coming to this conclusion.

No comments: