Friday, February 27, 2009

What to do when laid off

Time wrote this.

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1881805,00.html
Is it O.K. to express that you think the layoff is unfair, if you think it really shouldn't have been you?
Probably not. The reason why is that it makes no difference. They're not suddenly going to press the rewind button and totally unlay you off. It's just going to make you look petulant, and it's going to leave a bad taste in everybody's mouth. And you're going to look back and say, "Gosh, I wish I hadn't said that." It gets you nowhere, and dignity will get you everywhere. ( See the top 10 financial collapses of 2008.)

2 comments:

lola said...

hmmmh...

Author said...

I was on my way to my first being let go. The company was merging. I'm on my way to have my own, now. Still struggling. Hopefully it shouldn't take long.